183 LINCOLN STREET EXHIBITION APPLICATION
We welcome proposals year-round but ask for your patience. We are grateful for your interest in exhibiting at 183 Lincoln Street.
183 Lincoln Street is now accepting proposals of current or proposed work. Artists working in all media are invited to submit a proposal. Group exhibition proposals are also accepted.
We encourage and prioritize artists who wish to create exhibitions that resonate with their work and not only follow traditional exhibition guidelines. We are open to helping you create your most wild and wishful exhibition dreams come true and can offer hands-on guidance at a fee (outlined below).
Please be aware that exhibiting your work at 183 Lincoln Street is completely free but there is a commission on work sold during your exhibition: (40%/60% artist).
Proposal submission shall be accepted by email to: email@example.com
Email subject line should be: Your Name – Exhibition Name (EX: Chanelle Jefferson - Connection Exposed)
Proposal Submission Criteria
Proposals must include the following information in order to be considered:
1. An application cover letter including: a title for the show, a clear description of the work, concept ideas and medium.
2. An Artist Statement and current photo.
3. A current curriculum vitae for all artists included in exhibition.
4. An exhibition description including: ideas for show and opening, how you plan to invite guests, plans to present work (here is where you tell us about your wildest exhibition dreams)
5. A list of works to be exhibited including: artist, title, medium, dimensions, and date of work. If work is not yet completed a list of what is planned for inclusion.
6. Images of works in jpeg format max. 1024 x 768 resolution.
– Artists proposals will only be considered if they include all documents above and follow the submission guidelines below.
- Due to a large amount of inquiries, only artists who have been selected will be contacted.
- Date of exhibition will be agreed upon after acceptance.
Before Sending Your Email
- Include your name on all documents in header
- Number your files in the order they should be opened (1-5) and include: title of document- your name. (EX: 2. Artist Statement - Chanelle Jefferson)
- Images of works should be labeled: Title of work - your name. (EX: Uprooted - Chanelle Jefferson)
- Upload large audio and video files to a streaming service such as YouTube, Vimeo or SoundCloud and include link in email.
- Send one application per email
- Keep attachments under 25MB
- Do not attach large audio or video files; include a streaming link in the body of the email
- Do not send cloud-based attachments (WeTransfer, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
- Do not duplicate your application.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the submission process. Please be patient as we do our best to answer all of your questions.
Interested in having help planning and executing your exhibition?
Chanelle Jefferson, artist and co-owner of 183 Lincoln St. offers a selection of packages to assist you 1:1.
Please contact us for prices and details at: email@example.com